Thursday, January 5, 2012

Leaving kho phanagn

Caught the morning ferry on time even though trying to catch a taxi and returning my motorcycle made me an hour late.
The ferry was so full some people had to stand for the entire 2 hour ride.
Luckily I found a spot in the corner and fell asleep.
Then I caught a bus that was also so full I had to carry my pack on my lap.
It was a 7 hour ride to Bangkok.
I thought we were going to be dropped at a bus station but the bus just stopped on a street in Bangkok and dropped everybody off.
So I just started hiking and looking for a room.
Luckily two streets down I found an area I recognized and bought a room.
Tonight I have a hot shower, and AC!
First hot shower in 16 days.
It's funny because I've gotten so used to cold showers and no toilet paper that I don't even notice anymore.
Tomorrow I should reach the Cambodian border if I leave early enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment