Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Leaving Eden

When word went out that the boats had arrived, 5 of us hustled to the beach.
We found a boat and the driver said "300 bhat!" then a guy with us from Spain said "no man 200, look how many people!" so the driver took two hundred but he was ticked.
We pushed the boat out to sea and boarded.
As soon as we got into open water the driver stopped the motor, began counting heads and money until he was satisfied and we were off.
When we landed on our home beach and waded ashore all of us French, Dutch, Spanish, and American, were completely soaked head to toe. We were walked home through the narrow Asian market streets while it poured rain.
Probably one of the finest mornings of my life.
I cut out from the others and went to a medical clinic to treat my toe properly.
The clinic is a whole other story I'll tell next.
Once I had bought my antibiotics and treated my toe properly, I wandered home in the rain, took a cold shower to remove all the sand, and spent most of the day sleeping away in my cozy little bungalow...

No comments:

Post a Comment