Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Arriving at eden

As we got closer to the lights, even though we had been climbing up and up I could hear the crashing of waves.
As we came up to the Eden bar I could see it was a huge wooden deck covered in mats and pillows, and it was on the edge of a palm covered, rocky cliff, above the sea. We sat down and ordered a brew and some food.
There were people from every country leaning on mats and talking, and some were dancing a little.
I relaxed and looked around. Palm trees cliffs, waves sand, Campfires, torches, mellow music, incense burning, clouds, stars, and a short palm tree decorated with bulbs and lights.
A cool breeze was blowing in from the sea.
I had never seen anything this nice before.
I relaxed and even with a busted toe, I was real nice to a rude and drunk kid from switzerland.
I didn't know his land of geneva was in switzerland or that they spoke english and that offended the young guy.
But that's the kind of things you have to expect when meeting people from all over the world.
Soon we heard that after dinner everyone at this place were moving to another place nearby.
We followed a dirt path through the dark in the jungle and came to another cliff view which had been turned into a big area with dancing and drinking space and lounging space. All outdoors and made of bamboo and boards.
they had a dj mixing dance beats and everyone from obviously rich Hollywood types to shirtless gypsies and local Thai people were dancing, slapping backs and having a generally swell time under the moon stars and palm trees
All around was green jungle and there was a view going to the sea.
The bar as they call it, is a bamboo roof over a common area with bamboo tables 3 feet high. But these tables are covered in grass mats and pillows for eating or sleeping on.
the parties here most often continue on until the next day so many of the people sleep here for a few hours and then they wake up, eat some food and dance more.
As I said before, there are no ATMs or wifi in this part of the island, and very few places to stay so you have to arrive with all the cash you need and a way to camp out.
The wealthy lease houses here, and some of the people had rooms here, but most of the people camped out and left with the morning boat.
Well I had a great time, I met too many amazing people to describe here.
I was able to dance alot and still favor my foot and when I was finally wore out I went and fell asleep in a hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment