Thursday, February 2, 2012

My last evening with friends in vang vieng

It's funny how quickly you can make friends when traveling, and how hard it is to say goodbye sometimes.
I must have ten email addresses now.
One very interesting person I met lived in east Germany behind the Berlin wall his entire life until it fell in 89'.
It amazing to hear his stories. Even though they were under complete control of the government he told me it was really hard to adapt to the free world at first. He didn't get to drive a car until his 30's. The government taught that cars were "luxus" German for luxury, not needed.
He now lives in czekislovakia.
It's really crazy to meet people who grew up so different from me.
I think I learned more about geography on this trip than I ever did in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment