Thursday, February 2, 2012

Monkeys!

Took an overnight train to Bangkok from Chang Mai last night. Met a great British couple who make a living selling clothes they buy in Asia online.
We had a great time sipping Thai whiskey in the bar car with the doors and windows open and the jungle flying by.
Pulled into Bangkok with three days to go, so I jumped on another train to Lop Buri Thailand to see some ruins inhabited by monkeys..
The entire town is overrun by monkies it's crazy.
Tourists pull up on motorbikes with food and clothes in bags in the bike basket.
When they go into a store the monkies swoop down and rip the bags open and spread everything from rooftop to street.
That crazy..
I went to visit the ruins and the monkies immediately jumped all over me!
I was careful not to get bit but it was a lot of fun.
Glad I saw them like this though, they are definitely a nasty critter.
They look cute in zoos but they wreak havoc when they run free in town

No comments:

Post a Comment