Friday, January 20, 2012

Luang Prubang Laos

Luang Prubang is a beautiful relaxing place.
The people arent as poor here, so noone hassles you when you walk around.
This is the first town Ive ever been in that flies communist flags.
I thought it was sarcasm or a joke at first, until I entered a street lined with the laos flag and the hammer and sickle flying together.
Everywhere you go here you hear traditional music playing.
There is little to no english spoken here
So its back to hand signals and smiles again.
As soon as you look the local people in the eye and give a little smile, they become very friendly and even if my communications fails and I have to walk away theres always good hearted chuckles and pats on the back.
I hope to take an overnight treck into the jungle on elephants here than i will take a slow boat down the Mekong river and explire towns along the way.
Sounds much funner than a bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment