Sunday, January 1, 2012

Just Another fun crazy day

Went for a nice quiet ride into the jungle today.
Weather came up suddenly and I was caught on a motorbike on a muddy road driving through a sheet of rain.
When it rains here it's unlike anything I've seen.
Down south I got stuck in a town because two days of rain flooded the out streets!
So I drove till I saw a bamboo hut with people inside.
I ducked in and it was one of the many homemade bars on the road.
I met the French, British curled up on pillows on the mats.
We all bought food and beers and told our adventure stories,
The Brits told me "we got stuck here in the rain last night and the Thais guys gave us blankets and they just slept out here on the floor too. Then in the morning they made omelets for everyone"
We talked about how odd it is to have people randomly cook you dinner or ask you to come eat their food.
I personally was on alert for a hustle for a long time, but I soon learned that the everyday rural Thai is very generous and family oriented and they like you to behave like family or friend if you are in a town very long.
Right now three Thai guys, 3 French guys n girls, 2 south Africans, one lone American dude me!, and a British gal are all in blankets the Thais gave us while a raging storm leaks through our hut.
The wind is blowing the palms around and blasts us with rain from the sides every once in awhile.
Great time.
We just turned up some good tunes there's some Thai poker and cheap beer and good conversation. Except I dont speak French...

No comments:

Post a Comment