Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy new year!!!

I had a great new years eve. Wandered around to different parties on the beach, made it to an open air dance floor on the edge of a rock cliff over the sea and danced with in the wind blowing off of the ocean and under a starry sky.
Then at midnight I met up with my little group of friends and we lit off fireworks that would be considered weapons at home!
The Asians love their fireworks and you can by humongous fireworks here. The island I'm on is surround by two other little islands on the horizon.
At midnight hundreds if not thousands of people lit off there fireworks at the same time.
I have never seen anything like it.
Thousands of enormous red, green, purple, and yellow starbursts covering the entire horizon around me.
Someone was blasting off explosives that were so big they echoed in the mountains behind us and made windows rattle!
It was absolutely amazing to see.
I'll never forget it...

No comments:

Post a Comment